Product information "Fine Dust Sensor Kit - Complete kit compatible with sensor.community"
Have you always wanted to build your own fine dust sensor? The citizen science project sensor.community
) has developed a kit including software that can be used to record fine dust data and, if desired, other data such as temperature, humidity and air pressure.
This kit consists of all the basic electronic components needed to build the fine dust sensor "AirRohr":
- The actual fine dust sensor "Nova Fitness SDS011".
- A WLAN and controller module "NdeMCU v3"
- All necessary plug cables
- A intake hose for the fine dust sensor
Now all you need is a housing (you can find some ideas below), a micro USB cable (you can also order this from us) and a simple USB power supply (not included).
In addition, the following sensors can be added (not included in the basic version):
- DHT22: A simple humidity and temperature sensor (no soldering required).
- BMP180: A slightly better sensor from Bosch for temperature and air pressure (soldering required)
- BME280: A sensor from Bosch that evaluates temperature, humidity and air pressure (soldering required)
The instructions for the kit and all explanations can be found at https://sensor.community/en/sensors/airrohr/
The case is not included. You can let your imagination run wild with the case. The sensors must be protected from wind and weather and there should be openings for the fine dust intake pipe and the other sensors. The original instructions simply use two corner pieces of a drain pipe. Further ideas:
- A "bird house": https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4288829
- A wall-mounted box: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2775946
- Another housing: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2843927